Tuesday 20 December 2011

Eucerin Aquaphor: My Saviour.

Because I've been using my Retin-A to try and help combat the spots I've been getting whilst being off my antibiotics for acne, my skin is peeling.

Now yesterday I decided to use a small facial brush and some facial wash to try and buff all the dead peely skin off, without aggravating it too much.
I've done it before and all you get left with is a little red face, but if you moisturise then everything is fine!

Well, I washed my face and towel dried it. The towel stuck to my forehead which I thought was a bit odd, and when I looked in the mirror I was nearly sick.
The whole upper epidermis had literally come away from my forehead, and all that was left was bright pink, oozy skin. It literally looked like I had been burnt. I touched it and it was wet and sticky. But it didn't hurt (thank god).
So I had a full scale panic. What cream would I put on it? Surely it had to be of a certain quality as to not sting and damage the exposed lower layer of the skin. And what's even worse is that on the 23rd it's my work Christmas party. Would anything be able to help heal it in time?

Then my beloved 'Aquaphor' came to mind. As mentioned in my review of the cream/balm here, it is suitable for the use of chronically dry skin, even that which is cracked. I've used it after intense exfoliation and it is literally the best thing to be invented, no stinging, no aggravation, just deep hydration and moisturisation.
So I got my well-used tube out and started applying it to my skinless forehead (urgh, sounds gross). No stinging, no nothing. It went on like a dream and instantly soothed the whole, completely putting my mind at ease.

I washed my face and re-applied before I went to bed.
When I woke up this morning it still looks pink and feels a little stingy, but you can definitely see it's started to heal.

I really think this balm is wonderful. Honestly, after this horrific experience I can definitely say that this cream will always be at my side in any case of skin-emergencies.

EDIT 28/12/2011.
I found a picture I had taken which may illustrate the skin issues I had (notice the red raw-looking area of skin just above the gap between my eyebrows).

No comments:

Post a Comment