Wednesday 18 July 2012

Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in 'Electrify' and 'Soul'.



I don't know what possessed me to buy these. I never wear lipgloss. But hey, I went ahead and purchased two from the Illamasqua sale for the hell of it. As you do.

Anyway, I'm glad I did, because I really love both of the colours, and they're so different I don't have a favourite! 'Electrify' is an 'iridescent baby pink', and when I wear it I feel super-girly, it's also quite a fun shade to wear as well! 'Soul' is a 'shimmering champagne nude', which is a shade that makes me feel so mature and sophisticated, and absolutely perfect for summer! They are both what I would call everyday colours - they are safer colours and something that I would wear to work, at a gig or anywhere! Their like shoes, you can either dress them up or down, and versatility is something I'm a fan of!
There is a slight shimmer to the glosses, however it's quite fine, it's not chunky glitter or any of that rubbish, and if you get it in the light it is beautiful.
As the name suggests, they are sheer shades, and so are quite subtle, but still look amazing on the lips, and the pigmentation of them is fantastic. For a more intense look, you can wear them over the top of lipstick, but they look just fine on their own!

It is quite a moisturising formula, which is great. All too often I wear lipsticks or other lipglosses that really dry out the lips which is a complete bummer, so it's glad to see a product that looks amazing and takes good care of my lips!

As with all the Illamasqua products, the packaging is great. It's very simple - a clear tube with a black lid. Less is really more when it comes to packaging I think, I'm totally not of packaging that is too in your face. Illamasqua packaging is something I would be very proud of taking out of my handbag on the train!

These lipglosses smell really sweet and quite fruity. I'm crap at describing smells, but all I can be sure of is that it is quite a sweet smelling smell which is very pleasant.
They alse taste nice too. I know that is not something that most people need to know or something that would normally appear in a lipgloss review - but if something goes on your lips is bound to get in your mouth one way or another, so taste is important! Plus, if you're in a position where you lock lips with other people, it's only fair that they get to taste something nice!

The staying power of these lipglosses are fantastic. There is no continuous re-applying of the product, and there isn't any sliding, slippage or colour-loss as the day goes on. I only need to reapply after eating or drinking, which is quite impressive.

These lipglosses cost me £7.50 each, and they were originally £13, which is a complete bargain! I definitely do not regret buying these lipglosses, I have worn them everyday since I bought them, which is amazing since I have never been a big lipgloss kind of person. I even wear them on my own in the house whilst doing housework - they make me feel sexy, girly and sophisticated even when I'm wearing a plain old t-shirt and jeans!
I do think at full price, £13 is a little bit expensive, but in my opinion the products are worth every penny. The consistency is lovely, they are long-lasting, they are moisturising, pigmentation is wonderful, and the packaging is gorgeous as ever! So yes, I would repurchase even at full price.

Have any of you tried Illamasqua Sheer Lipglosses, and if so are you as much of a fan as me? I want to try some of the Intense Lipglosses, the shades look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment