Thursday 20 September 2012

Illamasqua 'Concealer'.

This concealer is actually the first concealer I have ever bought (shock horror)! I should have bought concealer earlier on in my life but what with foundations providing good coverage these days and not personally liking caking makeup on, I never even bothered before...until now.



"The Illamasqua woman knows how to conceal. Cover blemishes and problem areas to create beautiful skin that feels smooth and looks flawless. Tested under the harsh lights of film sets, Illamasqua Concealer is guaranteed to keep your secrets and let you take centre stage."


This Illamasqua concealer is a creamy consistency, and has fantastic pigmentation so it gives great coverage, without looking caked or unnatural. Because it's a creamy consistency, it's much more easy to blend it in to the skin, and much more easy to layer it up to get the desired coverage.
It's great at covering spots (even those nasty dry ones), undereye circles and redness upon the skin, and it really does make me look like I have perfect skin. I did find with undereye circles it does crease a tiny bit, and I don't have many undereye wrinkles and aren't particularly bothered about the slight creasing, but someone with quite prominent undereye wrinkles may find it's not the product for them.
Because it is a more creamy consistency, I do tend to find it does end up shiny as the day goes on, however I don't tend to wear any powder over the top of my makeup since I think it makes my skin look horrible and dull, but when I have worn powder over the top it stays matte all day which is great.

I love the packaging. As with all Illamasqua packaging, it's very sleek and looks incredibly professional. There is a wee mirror on the inside of the lid which I haven't photographed very clearly, but which is a nice touch, especially since I am one of those who never ever carries around a compact mirror, which can make applying makeup on the move slightly tricky.

I paid £5 for this in the last Illamasqua sale as opposed to paying £13 RRP (that is with my 10% loyalty discount), so I really am pleased with this product. When I run out I will definitely repurchase even at the non-sale price, the product has been everything I could have hoped for and I love it. Also, it will last me ages because of the pigmentation and creamy formulation of the product I don't need a lot of concealer to get the desired coverage I want and need, therefore making it fantastic value for money.

Overall, a great concealer. I say I haven't tried any others, but I don't really feel I want to. I have found one which works for me and I like it so I think I'll be sticking with this one for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment