Monday 19 November 2012

Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S 'Face and Body Rescue Cream'.

I have been looking for new daily moisturiser for quite a long time. At the moment, my skin swings from an acne-prone oily skin to a Retin-A-induced extremely dry and irritated skin, so I needed a cream that would cater and look after both. I have used a few day creams (like the La Roche Posay 'Hydraphase UV Intense Light'), but I really dislike the fact that they have quite low SPF levels (I hate going below SPF 50), and sometimes they aren't moisturising enough for when my skin is at it's worst, and then others are too greasy if you want to wear sun protection over the top. It seemed like an impossible task of finding an instensely moisturising cream with high SPF, or an intensely moisturising cream that was matte enough to be used under SPF, and also had to be suited to irritated and sensitive skin. See my problemo?

So after some research, I came across a brand called Barefoot Botanicals. The Barefoot Botanicals' 'S.O.S' range of products are designed for extremely dry, sensitive, irritated or uncomforatble skin. I was particularly attracted to the 'Face and Body Rescue Cream', which is described as 'an intensively rich and nourishing cream'. Then I read a review which said the product was matte. That was all the encouragement I needed, and the product was swiftly purchased.



I have actually only used the 'Face and Body Rescue Cream' for a few days, and I know you're meant to leave skincare to work over weeks, but I am not going to be observing any anti-ageing benefits, I am just interested in how it moisturises my skin, and I have been so impressed with how it's managed and sorted out my horrific dry skin and normal skin that I just couldn't wait any longer to rave all about it!

The 'Face and Body Rescue Cream' is free from nasties like parabens, petrochemical ingredients, SLS, SLES or synthetic perfumes, and contains natural ingredients like Stellaria, Burdock extracts, Macadamia, Evening Primrose, Organic Sulphur, Neroli and Chamomile. These ingredients comfort, soothe, deeply moisturise, nuture, and replenish dry skin.
Aside from all these wonderful natural ingredients having a more serious purpose in the product, they do make the cream smell wonderful. It is quite a subtle floral scent, and isn't overpowering in my opinion.

As I have just said, I have used the 'Face and Body Rescue Cream' on serious dry, flaky, irritated skin, and I have also used it on my normal oily skin, and I have to say it deals with both fantastically.
When my skin was at it's worst, application of this product did result in some stinging which resided after a couple of minutes. This was disappointing, because I was expecting so reaction whatsoever, but it was to be expected (the only thing I have ever used that doesn't sting is Aquaphor). It reduced redness and irritation overnight, and although the peeling took two nights to resolve, I was pleased with how fast the cream seemed to act to nourish and restore moisture to my skin!
On skin which has not been in contact with Retin-A, there is no stinging or irritation at all, and it so comforting, rather like your wrapping your skin in fluffy white towels.
For what is a very rich and nourishing cream, the texture is so light and not at all cloggy or thick. It sinks into the skin wonderfully, leaving no shine, no nasty residue and a matte finish. It comforts my skin the whole way through the night, and by the morning my skin feels moisturised, baby soft and supple, even after hours of pillow contact!

This cream is absolutely amazing for wear during the day too. Because of it's matte finish and light texture it is super easy to apply makeup and/or sun protection over the top without looking at all greasy. It hydrates the skin all throughout the day, which is essential with all the added seasonal skin-stressors like the cold, wind and central heating!

It comes in an off-white little plastic tube, which is nothing fancy, but is so practical. This cream is something you want to be carrying around in your bag for those dry skin emergencies, so the packaging needs to be practical so it doesn't end up all over your bag!

I bought this from Feel Unique at £10.50 for 50ml, or £18 for 100ml. I think this is a good price for something that has helped my skin so much. It isn't the cheapest cream you can find, but it is at the lower end of skincare prices, and it is definitely worth every single penny!
I will definitely be repurchasing this product. It has become my most-used skincare product at the moment, and I think it's a little gem and it gets two massive thumbs up. This should be in everybody's skincare arsenal. As I've said, only gripe is the slight stinging, but my skin was in such a bad way so I'll let it slide.

Have you guys used anything from Barefoot Botanicals before? If so, what and how did you get on with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment