Wednesday 14 November 2012

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in 'Androgen'

I bought this back in July because I really wanted a good-quality cream blusher, after using some cheaper products which left me disheartened. Illamasqua had a sale on at the time, and after picking up some bits (including this concealer and these lipglosses) I decided to go with Cream Pigment in 'Androgen'. It seemed to fit the bill perfectly, and I have a great relationship with Illamasqua products so I hoped the product would be as fantastic as I expected it to be!


I am so sorry for the fingerprints you can see, just after I had opened it and before I had chance to photograph it, my mum had taken it and was using it on her cheeks before she went to work! Naughty mummy.


'Androgen' is a matte bright coral shade. It does look a bit bright and scary in the pan, but it really is such a practical, workable shade that could work with any makeup look. Even if I'm having a no makeup day but want to look less dead, a touch of this on the apples of my cheeks gives me a super-natural glow.
When using this product, I literally need the tiniest bit to get maximum impact. With other cream blushes, sometimes you have to reapply and reapply to get even a sheer finish, but with this cream pigment the quality and pigmentation is just so fantastic that I literally need the smallest amount to get the desired effect.
It is better applied and blended with the fingers, I have tried using it with a brush and it doesn't really work. The texture is quite hard and you need to warm the product in the pan with your fingers to really get the best out of it.
It is easily blendable so you can really sheer it out. On the other hand, because the pigment is so amazing you can really build it up to get that super-bright pink!
Because it is a cream pigment, it is one of those handy multi-purpose products! The pigment can be used anywhere on your face, including lips. I have used it on my lips, and it gives a nice matte finish and it glides on really well, but I have found it to be a bit on the dry side, and as a lip product, it's a bit too pink for my liking.

I love the packaging. It's plastic, which is really practical, especially if you're carrying it around in your handbag all day.
The design is so understated, you've got the gorgeous motif on the lid and the brand name on the side and that's it. I think the whole package looks so professional.

I got mine for £15.30 as opposed to the RRP of £17, since I get a 'loyalty discount' (you get this discount from when you place your third Illamasqua order.).! I appreciate that to some this might be a little bit steep for a blush, but I am more than happy paying that price because it is amazing.
You do only get 8g worth of product for that price, BUT I have had mine since July, and I have literally only scratched the surface, even though it being probably my most used cheek product! I think this makes it incredible value for money.

I think this multitasking little wonder is worth every single little bit of it's price. And when I run out, I will most definitely repurchase. It has become the cheek product that I cannot live without!
My mum is now an Illamasqua convert! She had been on the lookout for a new cream blush ever since they discontinued her favourite, and after using a No7 one (she hated it), and then using the cream pigment she just totally had to have one of her own!

Have any of you tried the other Cream Pigment shades? I'm so tempted by Mould and Hollow!

No comments:

Post a Comment